Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve in a hamburger bun or with a garden salad and fries. Quick easy n tasty!
Make and share this Nutty Bean Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in frying pan and cook the onion and garlic until starting to soften.
- Add the chili powder, beans and seeds and cook for 3 minutes, mashing the beans with a fork.
- Put the stuffing mix in a bowl and pour over boiling water. Mix well, then stir in bean mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into burger patties.
- Heat the remaining oil in a clean pan and cook the burgers for 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve along side a garden salad, or in burger buns with lettuce, tomato etc.
I doubled the quantities for serving these deliciously flavoursome nutty burgers at a casual family luncheon. Just loved the crunch from the sunflower seeds in these. The only changes I made were to double the garlic, omit the chilli powder (personal taste preference) and to add a teaspoon of lemon juice, a teaspoon of lemon zest and a teaspoon of cumin. Having omitted the chilli powder, I felt they needed something to add some depth to the flavour. I served them with tzatziki and salads. Everyone loved them. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Stardustannie. I intend making these again to eat at room temperature in take-to-work lunches. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
Was gonna ask about the 4 bean mix, but then used a can of chili beans instead & things worked out just fine! Did add a bit more of he sunflower seeds & an extra clove of garlic since I used stuffing that had none in it! Great tasting & well-received by 3 of us! Will definitely keep this recipe around! [Made & reviewed for one of my teammates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #15]
What a GREAT recipe thanks stardustannie!!! I used Paxo sage, onion and garlic stuffing mix and a tin of chilli beans, which meant I did not add the extra chilli powder. LOVED the addition of the sunflower seeds and added an extra clove of garlic - JUST to be sure!! Ate these with fresh tossed salad and low fat oven chips. GREAT recipe - thanks! FT:-)