Cook2 hrs 30 mins
From our local paper. In the original recipe 3 brown onions (roughly chopped) were used but due to allergy issues they have been omitted and also 2 bunches of baby carrots (trimmed) and 3 parsnips and I have added potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Peel and chop vegetables into large bite size pieces.
- Heat butter and oil in a big oven proof pot and add meat and brown on all sides.
- Remove meat and add garlic, cook till fragrant (if using onion add with garlic and cook for a few minutes) and then add remaining vegetables and bay leaves and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the brandy and cook till evaporated.
- Remove the vegetables from the pot and put the meat back and then pile the vegetables on top.
- Pour the vinegar and stock over meat and vegetables.
- Place the lid on and cook in the oven for 2 - 2 1/2 hours at 160°C.
- Carve meat and serve combined with vegetables and juices.