1/4 Photos of Old-Fashioned Beef Pot Roast
2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
From our local paper. In the original recipe 3 brown onions (roughly chopped) were used but due to allergy issues they have been omitted and also 2 bunches of baby carrots (trimmed) and 3 parsnips and I have added potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C.
- 2Peel and chop vegetables into large bite size pieces.
- 3Heat butter and oil in a big oven proof pot and add meat and brown on all sides.
- 4Remove meat and add garlic, cook till fragrant (if using onion add with garlic and cook for a few minutes) and then add remaining vegetables and bay leaves and cook for a few more minutes.
- 5Add the brandy and cook till evaporated.
- 6Remove the vegetables from the pot and put the meat back and then pile the vegetables on top.
- 7Pour the vinegar and stock over meat and vegetables.
- 8Place the lid on and cook in the oven for 2 - 2 1/2 hours at 160°C.
- 9Carve meat and serve combined with vegetables and juices.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-Fashioned Beef Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.7
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 398.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: