1/1 Photo of Old Fashioned Family Pie
I love pies, and I especially love meat pies with mushrooms in them ! , this one is simple to make and very tasty. Great on a cold winter night, by itself or served with chips, mashed potatoes or mushy peas.... hope you like it
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook beef and onion in a large sauceppan until the meat is browned and the onion softened.
- 2Add the whole tin of mushrooms juice and all, stir well.
- 3Mix gravy powder and the flour into a smooth paste with the water.
- 4Add to meat and stir until its thickened (use your judgement here, if you like a little more gravy add a small bit of water).
- 5Grease a 20cm pie plate and cover base and sides with puff pastry.
- 6Spoon in meat filling and press down firmly.
- 7Cover in pastry, trim edge and press together with a fork to make a decorative edge.
- 8Pierce with a fork a couple of times or I like to cut a v in the top flipping it over to make a little triangular hole.
- 9Lightly brush with milk and decorate with excess pastry if desired.
- 10Cook in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11I have also used fresh mushrooms in this, add them after you brown the meat, you may need to add a little more water if you use fresh mushies, again, use your judgement.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Family Pie
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1139.5
- Calories from Fat 681
- Total Fat 75.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 127.5 mg
- Sodium 566.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 48.0 g