Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Fabulous New Zealand Loaf. A loaf tin for this is 25cm x 11cm.
Make and share this Old Fashioned Gingerbread Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a medium saucepan, gently melt the butter and golden syrup together.
- In a mixer cream together egg, and sugar - mix well.
- Add the melted syrup mixture.
- Sift and mix in all other ingredients except the baking soda and milk.
- Mix the baking soda with the milk then gradually stir this into the mix. The mixture will be quite runny.
- Pour into loaf tin and cook for about 35 mins or until ready when tested with skewer.
really easy to make, did'nt have any golden syrup so used tbsp of maple syrup and tsp of honey, only used half the amount of brown sugar (not enough left...ha), then equal portions of cinnamon raw suar, and vanilla sugar, and added a tbsp of orange zest for extra freakyness.
all worked perfectly.
thanks heaps bol
a keeper for sure
Very, very good. So easy to make and it came out perfect. My mixed spice was 1/4 teaspoon each of cinnamon, cloves, cardamon and ginger (a little more ginger can't hurt.......). It smelled wonderful while baking and was even nicer when cooled. I also liked the fact that the syrup was not overpowering, just a hint. All in all a gingerbread I will surely make again. Thanks for posting.
Loved it! Gingerbread is one of my favourite things and this is an excellent loaf. I used honey instead of the golden syrup - different, but where was I going to find golden syrup here? My mixed spice included cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice - lovely baking. Even better the next day after the flavours had mellowed together.