Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Lamb is the meat of Australia. Rack of lamb is one of the easiest cuts to deal with, low in fat and high in flavour. Loin chops could be substituted. Serve with roasted Rosemary potatoes, oven roasted mixed vegetables. Ideal wines for this lamb: Jamieson's Run Coonawarra Cabernet Shiraz Merlot or Wolf Blass Premium Selection Shiraz both Australian. The lamb recipe is an Australian Recipe from(LCBO Food and Drink
- 2 (1 1/4 lb) lamb racks (a lamb rack usually consists of 8 chops)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to your taste)
- 1 cup pitted olive (black or green, a mixture of each is ok)
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Pat dry the lamb and cut each rack in half.
- Set olive oil aside.
- Place all remaining ingredients in food processor.
- Process until well blended.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and brown lamb on all sides.
- (You may have to do this in two batches).
- Spread meat/fat side with the olive paste.
- Place in roasting pan, bone-side-down.
- Roast 25 to 30 minutes, or until lamb is cooked as desired.
- Test for doneness.
- Cut each group of chops in half and serve.