Taken from Super Food Ideas and thought would be good (but not suitable for a family of diabetics) but did think to make it for DS's recreation group but would much rather give them a recipe that it not my own to give that recipe a review. Hopefully someone will think likewise and give this one a try.
- Preheat oven to 190c (or 170c fan forced).
- Line a 26cm x 16cm lamington pan with baking paper.
- Place coconut, nuts and fruit in a large mixing bowl.
- Add milk and 1/4 cup of choc bits, mix well to combine and coat ingredients.
- Press mixture evenly into pan and cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, uncover slice and reduce heat to 160c (140c fan forced) and bake for a further 20 minutes more or until firm and golden; remove pan from oven.
- Immediatly scatter 3/4 cup of chocolate bits over hot layer and allow to melt and using a flexible spatula spread the chocolate evenly.
- Cool and cut into slices.