Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love one-pot meals! Not many dishes to clean up!
Make and share this One Pot Spicy Sausage and Lentils recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600 g spicy sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 250 g green lentils or 250 g brown lentils
- 600 ml hot vegetable stock
- 400 g canned tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and fry sausages for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove sausages from the pan and set aside on a paper towel.
- Add onion, carrot and garlic ato the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes until onions are softened and lightly browned.
- Return sausages to the pan, then add the bay leaf, rosemary, lentils, stock and tomatoes.
- Bring it all to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and leave to simmer gently, covered, for about 40 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- If you feel it needs more liquid, just add a little water.
- Remove the bay leaf and rosemary if you wish.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkling of freshly chopped parsley.
Very tasty...I would like to try it in my <a href=http://www.mayadhaba.com.au/>Indian food catering in Sydney</a>
Good stuff! I used chicken stock and didn't have rosemary..... I also added 1Tbsp cajun seasoning. Thanks for the great recipe!
Very tasty. We had particularly nice sausages so that probably made a big difference. Took them out of the casings instead of cooking and slicing