1/1 Photo of One Pot Spicy Sausage and Lentils
1 hr 5 mins
I love one-pot meals! Not many dishes to clean up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and fry sausages for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- 2Remove sausages from the pan and set aside on a paper towel.
- 3Add onion, carrot and garlic ato the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes until onions are softened and lightly browned.
- 4Return sausages to the pan, then add the bay leaf, rosemary, lentils, stock and tomatoes.
- 5Bring it all to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and leave to simmer gently, covered, for about 40 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- 6If you feel it needs more liquid, just add a little water.
- 7Remove the bay leaf and rosemary if you wish.
- 8Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Serve with a sprinkling of freshly chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Pot Spicy Sausage and Lentils
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 806.4
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 114.0 mg
- Sodium 1241.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 38.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: