I love one-pot meals! Not many dishes to clean up!
Make and share this One Pot Spicy Sausage and Lentils recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and fry sausages for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove sausages from the pan and set aside on a paper towel.
- Add onion, carrot and garlic ato the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes until onions are softened and lightly browned.
- Return sausages to the pan, then add the bay leaf, rosemary, lentils, stock and tomatoes.
- Bring it all to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and leave to simmer gently, covered, for about 40 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- If you feel it needs more liquid, just add a little water.
- Remove the bay leaf and rosemary if you wish.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkling of freshly chopped parsley.