1/5 Photos of Onion, Garlic and Basil Frittata
bluemoon downunder's Note:
Onions and garlic are slowly pan-cooked until caramelised and then used as the base of a delicious frittata. Adapted from a recipe on the Simply Great Recipes website. Obviously you can use your own pesto recipe or a pesto from your favourite deli in place of the commercially available one. I left the Leggo's pesto named in the original recipe in this recipe, as that makes for a quicker version when time is limited. For the best results from this simple dish, use free range eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl beat together the eggs, milk and Leggo's Pesto - Traditional Basil.
- 2Heat the oil in a large (preferably non-stick) pan, over a medium-high heat, add the onions, sprinkle with sugar, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the onion slices are golden brown. Add the garlic in the last 4-5 minutes.
- 3Pour the egg mixture onto the onions in the pan and cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle the egg mixture with the grated cheese (and feta, if you are using part feta) and add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste; and finish cooking the frittata under a preheated grill for 3-4 minutes or until the frittata has set.
- 5Slide the frittata out of the pan onto a serving platter and serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion, Garlic and Basil Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.1
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 455.3 mg
- Sodium 322.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 21.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: