1/5 Photos of Onion, Garlic and Basil Frittata
bluemoon downunder's Note:
Onions and garlic are slowly pan-cooked until caramelised and then used as the base of a delicious frittata. Adapted from a recipe on the Simply Great Recipes website. Obviously you can use your own pesto recipe or a pesto from your favourite deli in place of the commercially available one. I left the Leggo's pesto named in the original recipe in this recipe, as that makes for a quicker version when time is limited. For the best results from this simple dish, use free range eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl beat together the eggs, milk and Leggo's Pesto - Traditional Basil.
- 2Heat the oil in a large (preferably non-stick) pan, over a medium-high heat, add the onions, sprinkle with sugar, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the onion slices are golden brown. Add the garlic in the last 4-5 minutes.
- 3Pour the egg mixture onto the onions in the pan and cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle the egg mixture with the grated cheese (and feta, if you are using part feta) and add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste; and finish cooking the frittata under a preheated grill for 3-4 minutes or until the frittata has set.
- 5Slide the frittata out of the pan onto a serving platter and serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion, Garlic and Basil Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.1
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 455.3 mg
- Sodium 322.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 21.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: