Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Serve as a condiment for hot dogs, on sandwiches, hamburgers or as a side to steak and other roast meats.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 onions, halved and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup ketjap manis
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 chili pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add remaining ingredients except brown sugar, stirring to ocmbine.
- Cover and cook stirring frequently for 5 minutes until onions soften.
- Remove lid and cook uncovered for 20 minutes until onions caramelise.
- Stir through brown sugar during last 10 minutes of cooking.
I have made this on a few occasions as a side dish to BBQ steak. Lots of flavour and lots of positive comments. Thanks to Wendy's Kitchen.