Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Good with meatloaf, and cold meats and on sandwiches.
Make and share this Onion Marmalade recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat and saute the onions for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the vinegar, and cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture begins to caramelise.
- Stir in the vinegar and continue to cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a clean bowl and cool.
- I'm not sure of the keeping quality of this, but we have used it for up to a week, kept in the fridge.
- It was all gone after that!
For those who are as ignorant as I: Quatre Épices is a spice blend used mainly in French cooking, but also found in the Middle Eastern kitchen. The name literally means "four spices"; the spice mix contains roughly equal parts of ground pepper (white, black, or both), cloves, nutmeg and ginger. Some variations of the mix use allspice instead of pepper, or cinnamon in place of ginger. --Wikipedia.org