Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of my new inventions this dish is awesome! I invented on New Years Day that I was spending at Lake Norman, NC. with my boyfriend then I wanted to surprise him and make something different for dinner so I came up with the idea of making scallops. This orange glaze pairs up so well with scallops. So easy to make yet delicious. You must try!!!
- 12 jumbo sea scallops
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- In a small sauce pan add the 3 Tbsp of butter, orange juice, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and minced garlic then bring to boil for 2 minutes then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Sit aside.
- Wash and gently dry the scallops then season with the rest of the salt and pepper.
- In a hot frying pan add the olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter to melt then add the scallops let it cook for about 3-4 minutes each side then add the orange glaze then flip one more time.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or fresh steamed veggies.
This is a very delicious recipe, but too much salt for me. I have high blood pressure so have to watch it when it comes to salt. To cut down I used unsalted butter and "No Salt" for the salt. I had some very huge scallops so I cut them in half so they were more bite size. But the over all flavor of this dish was so wonderful I'd recommend it to all my friends.
Very good ~ I misread the recipe and added red pepper flakes to the sauce ~ thank goodness I didn't add one teaspoon! Too, I added the zest of one orange. To compensate for me adding red pepper flakes, I only used a sprinkling of black pepper. I believe the dish would have been too salty as written, therefore I only lightly sprinkled the scallops with salt, and added just a dash to the sauce! Made for my Preemie Adoption, Spring PAC 2011 ~