Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My own recipe, to use up some ground hazelnuts - very happy with these tasty little treats! Lower in cholesterol, too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil or 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 whole eggs, beaten (for even less cholesterol) or 3 egg whites (for even less cholesterol)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk or 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly spray muffin tray with olive oil spray or line with paper muffin cases.
- Sift flour, bicarb soda and baking powder together in large mixing bowl, and stir in ground hazelnuts, brown sugar, grated rind and choc bits.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, juice and milk.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and mix very lightly till just combined.
- Bake for approx 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Optional: Brush tops of still-warm muffins with marmalade, and allow to cool.