My own recipe, to use up some ground hazelnuts - very happy with these tasty little treats! Lower in cholesterol, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, finely grated
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil or 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 whole eggs, beaten (for even less cholesterol) or 3 egg whites (for even less cholesterol)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup soymilk or 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Lightly spray muffin tray with olive oil spray or line with paper muffin cases.
- 3Sift flour, bicarb soda and baking powder together in large mixing bowl, and stir in ground hazelnuts, brown sugar, grated rind and choc bits.
- 4In another bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, juice and milk.
- 5Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and mix very lightly till just combined.
- 6Bake for approx 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- 7Cool on wire rack.
- 8Optional: Brush tops of still-warm muffins with marmalade, and allow to cool.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Hazelnut Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.4
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 330.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g