1/1 Photo of Orange, Lemon and Cardamom (cardamon) Tart
1 hr 10 mins
A nice, tangy citrus tart. I love these with a large dollop of thick, thick cream. Prep time includes blind baking the pastry, or you could purchase a ready made one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180c (350f).
- 2Whisk eggs, egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl until well combined.
- 3Add butter, juices and rind, and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the mixture just comes to the boil.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Line a 25cm (10inch) loose bottomed tart tin with pasrty and bake blind*.
- 6Pour the filling into the pre-baked pastry shell and bake for 15-20 minutes or until set in the centre.
- 7You want it to be just set-not hard and tough!
- 8Top the tart with candied citrus peel or sifted confectioners sugar to serve.
- 9Serve at room temperature.
- 10*Tobake blind, line the pastry shell with greasproof paper, fill with rice or dried beans, and bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- 11Remove the paper and beans, and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange, Lemon and Cardamom (cardamon) Tart
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 687.4
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 217.1 mg
- Sodium 491.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 9.3 g