A favourite that I like to make for dinner parties.
Make and share this Orange Liqueur Pears recipe from Food.com.
- Peel the pears but leave the stem intact.
- Trim the base so they stand upright.
- I take a teaspoon and take out some of the core too, as it allows the syrup to get right up inside.
- In a saucepan combine the juice, water, sugar, rind and wine.
- Stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved then add the pears and simmer for 20 minutes or until the pears are tender.
- Baste with the syrup from time to time.
- Remove the pears and increase the heat under the pan.
- Reduce until the syrup has reached a more sticky saucy consistency.
- Pour this syrup over the pears and allow them to cool then add the orange liqueur.
- When cold remove the orange rind and serve with a little of the syrup spooned over.