1/2 Photos of Orange Liqueur Pears
A favourite that I like to make for dinner parties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the pears but leave the stem intact.
- 2Trim the base so they stand upright.
- 3I take a teaspoon and take out some of the core too, as it allows the syrup to get right up inside.
- 4In a saucepan combine the juice, water, sugar, rind and wine.
- 5Stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved then add the pears and simmer for 20 minutes or until the pears are tender.
- 6Baste with the syrup from time to time.
- 7Remove the pears and increase the heat under the pan.
- 8Reduce until the syrup has reached a more sticky saucy consistency.
- 9Pour this syrup over the pears and allow them to cool then add the orange liqueur.
- 10When cold remove the orange rind and serve with a little of the syrup spooned over.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Liqueur Pears
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 40.9 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: