Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A classic combination of Macadamia Nuts and White Chocolate kissed with Orange. From Christmas with Southern Living 2000. No need to wait for Christmas though, with a cold glass of milk or some tea, they are good anytime. Please allow 2 hours for dough to chill in the refrigerator
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jarlightly salted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or 1 cup white chocolate chunks
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugars, beating well. Add egg, orange rind, and flavorings.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients. Add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in nuts and white chocolate morsels. Cover and chill dough 2 hours.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 9 to 10 minutes or just until edges are golden. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks, and cool completely.
I made these cookies last night to give away in holiday gift baskets and they are soooo good. I should have added a little more than 1/4 of a teaspoon of the orange extract for a bit more of an orange flavor, but nonetheless the are still very good. Thanks for sharing your recipe!!
Wonderful! These taste so good they were gone in a blink of an eye. I did increase the orange extract to a generous teaspoon. I used a little over a cup of macadamia nuts which I roasted and salted because raw was all the store had. My only complaint - the recipe doesn't make enough! lol
Boy oh boy... these cookies are AWESOME ~ especially right out of the oven :) Love the texture and the orange flavor, white chocolate and macadamia nuts. These are a new keeper recipe for me, and I think I will make them for the next round of Operation Baking Gals (baking for our troops). I got 42 cookies out of my batch and I agree ~ PERFECT ANYTIME !!! Made for ZWT5 ~ AUSTRALIA BUSH TUCKER CHALLENGE !