Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the Graham Kerr Cookbook. Posted for ZWT 5.
Make and share this Otaki Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Peel potatoes, if desired, and slice 1/2" thick.
- Heat butter in a saucepan. Add onion and cook until golden brown.
- Add potatoes, tomato sauce and water. Season to taste.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
I really liked the texture of this dish, but I found it to be pretty bland. I think I'll make it again soon, but I'm gonna add some herbs and spices. Its a great base dish(: Thanks so much! :D
These taters are amazingly delish! They are so fresh, juicy and yummy! Mmmm! The onion goes great with the tomato sauce and taters and I really like the texture of this dish. Its neither too soupy nor too thick. Just great. It also reheats well, which is always a plus.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this great recipe with us, chocolatl!
Made and reviewed for Zaar Stars Tag Game January 2011.
This certainly made potatoes more interesting and was really easy! I liked that the sauce added flavour without too many extra calories- good for Weight Watchers. Next time, I'll probably add some garlic. Thanks for a lovely recipe!