Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
I haven't made this recipe, but I want to when I have an oven.
Make and share this Oven Baked Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 kg beef ribs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup treacle
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- In a large pan, combine ribs and enough cold water to cover.
- Bring to the boil. Cover. Remove from heat and let stand for 30 minutes. Drain ribs.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the spring onions; gently fry until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in remaining sauce ingredients. Cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; reserve 1 cup of sauce.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Line a shallow dish with foil.
- Place ribs in dish; brush both sides with sauce.
- Cover with foil; Bake, brushing with more sauce and turning every 20 minutes until tender and cooked through, about 1 hour.
- Place ribs on a serving platter and serve immediately with reserved heated sauce.
Never made ribs before...SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad to have THIS particular recipe for my first!
AMAZING!!! Thank you for sharing! Lisa
Awesome ribs!!! One of the best I've ever had. I cut the recipe in half, (used baby back pork ribs) and baked at 325*F in the toaster oven. The meat was sooooo tender and flavourful. I'll definately be making these again real soon. :) Thanks Jan for another terrific recipe. Made for "Let's PARTY" Tag 2009
I had some beef ribs in my freezer and I didn't know what to do with them.So,I did a "ZAAR" search and came across this recipe, and decide to try it.This was made on 9/29/08 for mine and SO's dinner. I knew I didn't have any trecale, and looked throught the "ZAAR" database for a substitute. I ended up using the same amount of brown sugar.Didn't having any green onions, and used white,and kept the rest of the ingredients the same.And for future users of the recipe, my oven temp. was set at 325 degrees and it worked very well .With the addition of the other ingredients, they gave this recipe a sort of Asian flavor. However I think the next time these are made , I'm going to use pork ribs.( just a personal choice).Thanks for posting and, "keep Smiling :)"