This is an old Australian favorite. Wonderful comfort food on a cold wet night, especially served with damper or scones!!!
- Brown meat all over in a little oil, in a large pot.
- Add onion and carrot and stir through oil.
- Add crushed garlic, stock, (almost to cover) tomatoes and paste, sugar, bouquet garni and salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for about 2 hours (till the meat is falling off the bones).
- (pressure cook 30 mins, or crockpot 8 hours) Leave to cool, skim off fat; thicken with cornflour mixed with a little water.
- Meat can be removed from bones, just reheat after you take off the fat, and pick up each bone with tongs, the meat will just fall off.
- If it doesn't, it ain't cooked.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and greens.