1/1 Photo of Oxtail Casserole
3 hrs 30 mins
This is an old Australian favorite. Wonderful comfort food on a cold wet night, especially served with damper or scones!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown meat all over in a little oil, in a large pot.
- 2Add onion and carrot and stir through oil.
- 3Add crushed garlic, stock, (almost to cover) tomatoes and paste, sugar, bouquet garni and salt and pepper.
- 4Cook on low for about 2 hours (till the meat is falling off the bones).
- 5(pressure cook 30 mins, or crockpot 8 hours) Leave to cool, skim off fat; thicken with cornflour mixed with a little water.
- 6Meat can be removed from bones, just reheat after you take off the fat, and pick up each bone with tongs, the meat will just fall off.
- 7If it doesn't, it ain't cooked.
- 8Serve with mashed potatoes and greens.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oxtail Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 238.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: