Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Made for Good Things Are Cooking Here!! (A non-cooking game) In the Australian/New Zealand Cooking Forum - http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=233992 Please note that you can also subsitute Coffin Bay scallops on the shell or redclaw yabby tails in place of the oysters.
- Remove oyster from shell, wrap in a half slice of prosciutto; return to shell.
- Top each oyster with half a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce and a teaspoon of Parmesan.
- Place under the griller (broiler) and cook for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has browned a little and prosciutto and oyster just heated through.
- Remove from the griller (broiler) and top the hot oysters with a teaspoon of diced tomato, a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkling of snipped chives.
- SERVE AT ONCE (that's an instruction for Peter J who says many of JanRoundOz's recipes finish that way ;-).
Really great way to grill oysters! The flavours work really well together and wrapping the oysters in prosciutto protects them from direct heat so they don't burn while the parmesan browns. Only change I made was that I only had dried chives so mixed them with the tomato and lemon juice while cooking the oysters to help reconstitute them a little.