A summer paella salad full of goodies! Rice mix is better if cooked the day before and refrigerated. This isn't essential but will help prevent rice from becoming soggy and will keep grains separate. I haven't included this day ahead step in the cook time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 375 ml chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 300 g medium grain rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 whole calamari, cut into rings
- salt and pepper
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 12 black mussels, cleaned,debearded
- 125 ml white wine
- 12 medium prawns, cooked (shrimp)
- lemon wedge, to serve
- 1 lebanese cucumber, peeled,halved lengthways,seeds removed,sliced
- 2 cups wild rocket
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 240 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1Place chicken stock in a skillet with ground turmeric, salt and rice.
- 2Bring to boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- 3Drain well and cool.
- 4Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over high heat.
- 5When pan is very hot, add the calamari rings and fry for about 1-2 minutes or until just cooked.
- 6Season with salt and pepper and remove from the pan.
- 7Wipe pan clean then return to heat adding remaining tablespoon of oil.
- 8Fry slices of chorizo sausage until crisp, then remove from pan.
- 9Place the mussels in a saucepan with the white wine and cover with a lid.
- 10Place over high heat and bring to the boil.
- 11Cook for 3 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, removing each mussel as it opens.
- 12Discard any that do not open.
- 13Make the dressing by combining the oil, lemon juice and sweet paprika, season with salt and pepper.
- 14In a large bowl, mix together rice, prawns, calamari, chorizo and mussels.
- 15Fold through all the salad ingredients and pour the dressing over.
- 16Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Medium-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paella Salad
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.0
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.7 mg
- Sodium 384.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: