1/3 Photos of Pan-Fried Salmon With Warm Chilli ( Chili ) Lime Sauce)
My friend cooked this for us for dinner while visiting her. It's delicious. Remember an Aussie tablespoon contains 4 teaspoons. ETA I made this tonight using a whole side of salmon. I sprayed foil with oil, and wrapped the spepper sprinkled fish in it like a parcel. I cooked it in a hot oven for 12 minutes, then rested it for a few more. I made the sauce in a small pan and tossed the potatoes in the two tablespoons of oil that the salmon was to have been cooked in. The fish was so moist and the dish was delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 800 g potatoes, scrubbed (kipfler suggested)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 (200 g) salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 teaspoons white pepper (extra)
- 1 tablespoon cranberry jelly (use chilli jam if available)
- 2 small red chilies, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 small lime, juice of
- lettuce leaf
- 1Cook potatoes in salted water until just tender. Drain. Cool. Cut into thick slices.
- 2Combine potato, onion, coriander, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- 3Pat salmon dry with kitchen paper, then rub half a teaspoon of pepper on both sides of each fillet.
- 4Heat remaining oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Cook fish skin side down for 3 minutes or until skin is crisp. Turn and cook for 1 or 2 minutes more or until cooked to your liking. Take care not to over cook and dry out the fish!
- 5Transfer the fish to a plate and cover loosly.
- 6Reduce heat to low, add cranberry jelly, chilli, sugar and fish sauce to pand. Simmer for 2 minutes then add 2 tablespoons lime juice and simmer 1 minute more.
- 7Place the salmon on plates, drizzle with the sauce and serve with potato salad over a few lettuce leaves.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Fried Salmon With Warm Chilli ( Chili ) Lime Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (483 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.9
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 92.0 mg
- Sodium 524.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 46.1 g