Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Impress your friends with this wonderful dish. It's delicious and gourmet, but in an easy way. Serve this with your favourite potato dish. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄3 lbs lamb medallions or 1 1⁄3 lbs lamb steaks, visible fat trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Place lamb in a bowl. Mix all other ingredients together except salt, olive oil, stock and butter. Massage the lamb and marinate at room temperature for 15-30 minutes.
- Heat pan over medium high heat. Add olive oil and butter. When it just starts to smoke a little, sear lamb for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium doneness. Baste continuously with pan oil and butter when searing. Set lamb aside and drain oil.
- Deglaze pan with chicken stock to make pan jus. Pour jus over lamb when serving.
Made this with a lamb shoulder streak. I cut back on the spices to 1/2 as I was only cooking for 2 of us. They came out really nice but because I forgot to buy chicken stock I used a cube and it was way to salty. Lucky for me I had placed it in a bowl so I didnt ruin the meat. Thank you for posting. Made for World tour 8