1/1 Photo of Panang Beef With Fragrant Thai Basil
melting pot's Note:
This is very simple recipe. I replaced the beef with 2 bunches of asparagus and it worked quite well actually. Use it as a sauce for other stir-fries as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1/4 cup of the thick cream from the top of the coconut milk over high heat for 5 minutes, stirring often, until the cream bubbles. To separate, pour the milk into a jar and allow to sit for 2-3 hours or until you can see two distinct layers.
- 2Add curry paste and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly until well combined.
- 3Add peanut butter, fish sauce and brown sugar and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add remaining coconut milk.
- 4When the mixture boils, add rump steak, cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring a few times.
- 5Stir through basil leaves.
- 6Serve with steamed jasmine rice and top with extra basil leaves and shredded red chilie and lime leaf, if desired.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panang Beef With Fragrant Thai Basil
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.5
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.8 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 112.5 mg
- Sodium 485.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 35.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste