1/1 Photo of Panko Crusted Meatballs Wrapped in Lettuce Cups
Aus/NZ Hosts's Note:
Made for Good Things Are Cooking Here!! (A non-cooking game) In the Australian/New Zealand Cooking Forum - http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=233992 Please note that prep and cooking times are just an estimate.
My Private Note
as an a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g ground beef (mince)
- 44.37 ml hoisin sauce
- 44.37 ml dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml chopped coriander
- 1 orange, zested, juice reserved
- 200 g can water chestnuts, drained, chopped fine
- 354.88 ml panko breadcrumbs (Japanese Breadcrumbs)
- oil, to fry
- lettuce leaf, torn into serving sized pieces
- 44.37 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml hoisin sauce
- 1Mix first 7 ingredients together.
- 2Shape into walnut sized balls.
- 3Place into fridge for 1 hour.
- 4Roll in panko crumbs
- 5Heat 3 inches of oil in a wok.
- 6Deep fry balls in batches for 3 or 4 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- 7Serve in lettuce leaf pieces with a little sauce drizzled over.
- 9Heat orange juice and hoisin sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until reduced back to the original consistency of the hoisin sauce. Set aside.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panko Crusted Meatballs Wrapped in Lettuce Cups
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.9
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 60.8 mg
- Sodium 458.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 14.5 g