A nice warm salad of parmesan crumbed chicken, tomatoes and greens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 chicken breast fillets (about 150g each)
- 150 g rindless bacon
- 150 g mixed salad greens, washed and dried
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 180c.
- 2Combine parmesan and breadcrumbs in a medium bowl.
- 3Place flour and egg in sperate medium bowls.
- 4Toss 1 chicken fillet in the flour to coat and shake off any excess.
- 5Dip in the egg to coat then coat in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the crumbs firmly onto the chicken.
- 6Repeat the process with the remaining chicken.
- 7Place the fillets on a wire rack over a baking tray and cook in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- 8Place the bacon in a single layer on another tray, and add to the oven.
- 9Cook the chicken and bacon for a further 13 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and the bacon is crisp.
- 10Thinly slice the bacon.
- 11Meanwhile to make the dressing, place the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- 12Place the salad leaves, tomatoes, basil and green onions in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- 13Divide among serving plates.
- 14Cut the chicken across the grain into thick slices and divide among the salads.
- 15Sprinkle with the bacon and drizzle with the dressing.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Crumbed Chicken & Tomato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.4
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.5 mg
- Sodium 820.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets
mixed salad greens