This is my favourite sauce for corned beef.
Make and share this Parsley Mustard Sauce for Corned Beef recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until just softened, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour and cook until light golden, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in beef stock, milk, parsley, mustard, and nutmeg and whisk until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and cook, whisking, until thickened, 4–5 minutes.
I couldn't decide today whether I fancied mustard, parsley or onion sauce on our corned beef tonight. When I found your recipe I knew I could have them all and that I had to make it. I might have used double the onion and definately used double the H.E mustard, but otherwise stuck to your recipe.. I used two tablepoons of LogiCol in place of the butter-it worked perfectly. Thanks for a great sauce for our dinner tonight.