This is 2 recipes from recipes+ which look to go well together and would easily impress company. You can make the mousse and rolls a day ahead and store at room temperature in an airtight container and the mousse chilled in the fridge.. Suggested you freeze egg whites for later use such as meringues or white egg omelettes. The timing is combined for both recipes - Mousse was prep. 30 minutes + chilling time (not included) and 20 seconds cooking (for gelatin). Sugared Pastry Rolls Prep 5 minutes and 8-10 minutes cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 passion fruit
- 1 passion fruit (to serve)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gelatin powder
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup cream (whipped)
SUGARED PASTRY ROLLS
- 1MOUSE - Strain pulp of the 6 passion fruits through a sieve over a bowl or jug; return 2 teaspoons of the seeds to juice and discard remaining seeds.
- 2Sprinkle gelatin over 2 tablespoons boiling water in a small heatproof bowl and stir until complete dissolved and cool for 5 minutes.
- 3Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar in a small bowl on medium for 3 to 5 minutes or until pale and then stir in passion fruit, then gelatin mix and then fold in whipped cream IN 2 BATCHES.
- 4Spoon mix into 4 x 1 cup serving glasses and cover with plastic food wrap and chill for 4 hours or until set.
- 5Top mousse with extra passion fruit pulp and serve with sugared pastry roll.
- 6SUGARED PASTRY ROLLS - Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced).
- 7Line a small baking tray with baking paper.
- 8Brush 1 sheet pastry with a little butter.
- 9Top with second sheet; brush with remaining butter.
- 10Sift 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar over pastry and firmly roll up pastry from long side and then cut into 4 pieces and place on prepared tray.
- 11Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 12Cool and dust with extra icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passion Fruit Mouse With Sugared Pastry Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.6
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 195.8 mg
- Sodium 99.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 39.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g