Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the same recipe my mother used to make, I could not read the amount of butter in her handwritten recipe book as the writing has faded over the years, but was so lucky enough to find this same recipe in the paper. I used to love this as a kid, now I am waiting for the passionfruit season to bring back those childhood memories and taste it once again!
- Combine the passionfruit pulp, lemon juice and sugar in a heat-proof bowl and add the beaten eggs and butter.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl does not touch water.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture coats the back of the spoon thickly, this will take about 15-20 minutes.
- Pour the butter into hot, sterilised jars and seal when cold.
- Store in a cool place for up to a week, or refrigerate for up to one month.