This is the same recipe my mother used to make, I could not read the amount of butter in her handwritten recipe book as the writing has faded over the years, but was so lucky enough to find this same recipe in the paper. I used to love this as a kid, now I am waiting for the passionfruit season to bring back those childhood memories and taste it once again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the passionfruit pulp, lemon juice and sugar in a heat-proof bowl and add the beaten eggs and butter.
- 2Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl does not touch water.
- 3Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture coats the back of the spoon thickly, this will take about 15-20 minutes.
- 4Pour the butter into hot, sterilised jars and seal when cold.
- 5Store in a cool place for up to a week, or refrigerate for up to one month.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passionfruit Butter
Serving Size: 1 (650 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1005.3
- Calories from Fat 522
- Total Fat 58.0 g
- Saturated Fat 34.3 g
- Cholesterol 412.5 mg
- Sodium 568.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 107.4 g
- Protein 11.5 g