Missy Wombat's Note:
I wish it was the citrus season here now as this sounds yummy! One from ABC Radio (Australia).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice grapefruit, oranges and mandarins very thinly.
- 2Place in a large bowl and cover with 6 pints (or about 2. 8 litres) of water and stand overnight.
- 3Next morning put them into a large pot and boil slowly till skins are tenders (about 2 hours).
- 4Meanwhile, scrape the pulp from the passionfruit.
- 6Place the skins from the passionfruit in a separate pot, cover with water and cook until skins are tender.
- 7Scrape out pulpy inner flesh and discard outer skin.
- 8Chop the flesh and add to the pot of tenderised citrus skins.
- 9Add the juice of 2 lemons and 6 lb (or about 2. 8kg) of sugar.
- 10Stir until sugar is dissolved then boil until setting point is reached.
- 11Add the passionfruit pulp and return to boil for 2 minutes.
- 12Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- 13Boil and seal.
- 14Dont open for 6 weeks!
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passionfruit Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (5034 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 12196.7
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 220.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3133.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 95.3 g
- Sugars 2925.2 g
- Protein 27.9 g