1/1 Photo of Passionfruit Shortbread Cookies
wicked cook 46's Note:
For ZWT Australia/New Zealand Found while surfing Times are approximate "Shortbread cookies originate from Scotland where they are served with tea especially at Christmas and New Year. The buttery cookies made their way to Australia during the Scottish migration in the 1800s and still remain one of the most popular treats today. There are different types of shortbread, some containing more butter than others. This particular recipe is for a basic shortbread base which means a little less butter. The shortbread is topped with an incredibly easy to make and delicious passionfruit icing." I am not sure how many cookies this makes but I said 12 servings ( so could make 2-3 dozen)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F
- 2Cream the butter and sugar together and mix thoroughly.
- 3Mix in the flour gradually with a spatula until combined and a stiff dough is formed.
- 4Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and gently and lightly knead for about 1 minute or until the dough starts to crack.
- 5Sprinkle flour on your rolling pin and then roll out the dough so that it's 1/4 inch thick.
- 6Cut shapes into the dough and then place shapes on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 7Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- 8Remove from oven and cool cookies on wire racks.
- 9Meanwhile, prepare the icing by mixing together the icing sugar and passionfruit pulp with a spoon.
- 10Mix thoroughly to form a paste.
- 11Spoon icing onto cooled cookies and then serve.
- 12The cookies are also delicious the next day once the icing has been absorbed by the cookies.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passionfruit Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.2
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 18.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 2.3 g