1/3 Photos of Pasta Bake
1 hr 20 mins
I've been making this since my boys could eat solids! and it's still a favourite. Add carrot, celary, bell pepper if you wish, or tinned tomatoes in place of all or some of the soup. I really just make it with what I have or need to use. I also love the custard on mashed potatoes or pumpkin baked in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g pasta, penne or shells etc,cooked
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 500 g beef mince
- 1/2 cup red wine (or broth)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 140 g tomato paste
- 1 (400 ml) can tomato soup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1Heat the oil in a large frypan over medium heat.
- 2Fry the onion until golden and tender.
- 3Add the garlic and cook a couple of minutes more.
- 4Add the beef and cook, breaking up the lumps with a fork, until all the meat has changed colour.
- 5Add remaining sauce ingredients, stir well.
- 6Simmer for about 30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- 7Mix in cooked pasta and pour into a 2 litre casserole.
- 8Topping: Whisk together the cream and egg, and season to taste.
- 9Pour gently over the meat/pasta mix.
- 10Sprinkle over cheese, scatter this with the bacon.
- 11Cook in a moderate oven (190c) until custard is set and golden.
- 12about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (553 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1020.8
- Calories from Fat 529
- Total Fat 58.8 g
- Saturated Fat 28.9 g
- Cholesterol 280.4 mg
- Sodium 1224.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 45.7 g