1/2 Photos of Pasta, Tomato and Lentil Soup
From Delicious magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 110 g bacon, rind removed and finely chopped
- 225 g green lentils or 225 g brown lentils
- 4 ripe tomatoes, skin removed,chopped
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 -4 sprigs thyme
- 1 3/4 liters chicken stock
- 225 g macaroni or 225 g other short pasta
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese, to serve
- 1Heat oil in large heavy bottomed casserole.
- 2Add onion, garlic, celery and bacon.
- 3Cook stirring over low heat for 10-15 minutes until vegetables soften.
- 4Add lentils and stir well to coat in oil.
- 5Add fresh and canned tomatoes.
- 6Bring to boil.
- 7Add bay leaves, thyme and stock.
- 8Simmer for about 40- 60 minutes or until the lentils are cooked.
- 9Cook the pasta in boiling water until al dente, drain.
- 10Serve the soup in bowls, garnish with parsley and sprinkle with parmesan.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta, Tomato and Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (602 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.7
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 600.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.2 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: