Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
A great classy vegetarian pasta..very low in fat. The basil and lemon gives it such a wonderful blend of flavours, it is absolutely to die for. And so simple to make. A great quick whip up meal on its own.
- 350 g angel hair pasta
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fruity olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 cup small fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 cup small olive
- cracked black pepper
- sea salt
- Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water, till it is al dente.
- To make the sauce, place lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl and whisk till well combined.
- Stir through parmesan, basil, olives, pepper and salt.
- Drain pasta and return to warm saucepan.
- Toss with the sauce.
- SERVE IMMEDIATELY.
What an easy dish to make!! Followed this recipe closely but didn't use as much fresh lemon juice. Served this hot for a supper dish then had it cold the next day. Yummy. Thanks for posting, KM !!!
It was very good, though a bit salty. Next time I'll cut back on the olive oil.
I made this dish after coming back from holiday. I had hardly anything in the house except the ingredients for this dish, and I didn't expect to be able to make something so tasty from them! For one person, I used the juice of a lemon and a tablespoon of olive oil and it was perfect. The only thing I'd do differently next time is put the basil leaves on top as a garnish, since they wilted and lost their colour when I mixed them in with the hot pasta. I think this would also be good with feta cheese, instead of olives.