Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Use your favourite pasta to serve with this recipe. The original recipe suggested Tagliatelle.
Make and share this Pasta With Mushroom, Bacon and Walnut Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions, then drain.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a deep fry pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, rosemary and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 5-6 minutes.
- Add the creme fraiche and grated cheese and stir for 2 minutes, then add three quarters of the toasted walnuts.
- Add the drained pasta and parsley to the sauce, tossing together until heated through.
- Divide among sering bowls, then sprinkle with remaining nuts and extra cheese.
Delicious and super easy. And VERY rich. The only change I made was to use crema instead of creme fraiche (availability), I think it translated perfectly. Thanks for sharing!
Edit: The next day I had some of this left over, and I added a spoonful of capers. WOW! I would recommend this addition very highly. It cuts the richness and adds a nice little zing.
I'd like to give this five stars but I made some changes, and that probably spoiled it! I used tortellini, because it needed to be used up in my fridge. I didn't have time to get creme fraiche, so I used sour cream, and of course it split which made me very cranky since I was trying to keep the temperature low! Will definitely make again as written. My husband enjoyed the leftovers.
I love this recipe. I increased the rosemary by half - just because I like it. I found it cut through a bit of the richness. I used the tagliatelle and found this amount of pasta to make large servings. It is quite rich (I didn't add extra cheese to serve) so you could probably make 5-6 smaller serves and still be satisfied. Another great recipe. Thanks.