Use your favourite pasta to serve with this recipe. The original recipe suggested Tagliatelle.
Make and share this Pasta With Mushroom, Bacon and Walnut Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions, then drain.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a deep fry pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, rosemary and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 5-6 minutes.
- Add the creme fraiche and grated cheese and stir for 2 minutes, then add three quarters of the toasted walnuts.
- Add the drained pasta and parsley to the sauce, tossing together until heated through.
- Divide among sering bowls, then sprinkle with remaining nuts and extra cheese.
Delicious and super easy. And VERY rich. The only change I made was to use crema instead of creme fraiche (availability), I think it translated perfectly. Thanks for sharing!
Edit: The next day I had some of this left over, and I added a spoonful of capers. WOW! I would recommend this addition very highly. It cuts the richness and adds a nice little zing.
I'd like to give this five stars but I made some changes, and that probably spoiled it! I used tortellini, because it needed to be used up in my fridge. I didn't have time to get creme fraiche, so I used sour cream, and of course it split which made me very cranky since I was trying to keep the temperature low! Will definitely make again as written. My husband enjoyed the leftovers.
I love this recipe. I increased the rosemary by half - just because I like it. I found it cut through a bit of the richness. I used the tagliatelle and found this amount of pasta to make large servings. It is quite rich (I didn't add extra cheese to serve) so you could probably make 5-6 smaller serves and still be satisfied. Another great recipe. Thanks.