Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very easy throw-together meal that tastes gourmet. Weights of jars are approximate, just use similar sized jars that are available near you.
- 500 g uncooked penne pasta (or other medium pasta shape, I use wholemeal spirals)
- 200 g bottled roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 400 g bottled artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 200 g tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley (Flat leaf)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (I use less ... use good quality oil) or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (I use less ... use good quality oil)
- 2 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, combine red peppers and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well.
- When pasta is done, drain well and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add pepper-tuna mixture and toss.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
I'm not going to rate this recipe, I'll just leave a comment. When I started making this dish, I didn't think it would be like a pasta salad. I saw the picture and thought it would be some creamy dish. I should have looked at the ingredient list because obviously, cream isn't listed as an ingredient! I only read the first two directions when I started. So when I came back to look at step 3, I was surprised to see that the only step left was to toss the pasta w/the tuna mixture...I wondered how the other reviewer got that well blended look to her picture and I realized that she also didn't follow the directions. She heated hers up in a skillet. I decided to follow her steps. I didn't have feta but I had parmesan so I put that in. It wasn't really melding. So I thought what can I do to make this all come together? I added milk, it didn't really work. I decided to just add some cream of mushroom soup to it. That solved it for me! To it, I crushed up some Ritz crackers and left a bottle of Tapatio hot sauce to eat with. I really did like the dish that came out after the change but because it's far from the original recipe, I wouldn't be able to rate this recipe.
Pretty good! I improvised with fresh red peppers that I roasted myself. I also didn't have any rosemary so I used thyme, turned out yummy. I added a lot more tuna than called for, because we like the extra protein, so added a bit more vinegar and spice to compensate. Did not use any oil. I also added some feta cheese and cooked it all up in the skillet. Thanks!