A very easy throw-together meal that tastes gourmet. Weights of jars are approximate, just use similar sized jars that are available near you.
- 500 g uncooked penne pasta (or other medium pasta shape, I use wholemeal spirals)
- 200 g bottled roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 400 g bottled artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 200 g tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley (Flat leaf)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (I use less ... use good quality oil) or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (I use less ... use good quality oil)
- 2 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, combine red peppers and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well.
- When pasta is done, drain well and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add pepper-tuna mixture and toss.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.