From a feature in our local paper. I have estimated cooking time on have to cook the sandwiches in 2 batches.
- Place the mayonnaise and custard in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter and the other side with the maonnaise mixture.
- Divide the cheese, pickle and pastrami between 4 slices of bread, ensuring the buttered side is on the outside, and sandwich with the remaining bread, once again ensuring buttered side is on the outside.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over low heat.
- Cook the sandwiches, in batches for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and cheese is melted.