I tried this recipe on a recent holiday-it was really good! Lots of nice fresh herb flavours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 liters chicken stock
- 40 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of
- 200 g arborio rice
- 60 ml white wine
- 125 g frozen peas or 125 g fresh peas
- 1/3 cup mint leaf, shredded
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1Bring the stock to a steady simmer in a saucepan.
- 2Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat and add the onion and prosciutto and cook for 1 minute.
- 3Add the garlic and the lemon rind and cook for another minute until the garlic is golden.
- 4Add the rice and stir for 1 minute, making sure all the grains are well coated.
- 5Add the wine and stir until completely absorbed.
- 6Add the stock a ladle at a time, sirring frequently.
- 7Wait until each addition is almost completely absorbed before adding the next ladle.
- 8Reserve 1 ladle to add at the end.
- 9Half way through cooking the rice add the peas.
- 10After 18-20 minutes the rice should be creamy and tender but still have a little bite.
- 11Add remaining ladles of stock and turn off the heat.
- 12Stir through the herbs, cheese and juice and season to taste before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pea, Basil & Mint Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (969 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 959.5
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 41.0 mg
- Sodium 1365.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 36.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: