Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I tried this recipe on a recent holiday-it was really good! Lots of nice fresh herb flavours.
Make and share this Pea, Basil & Mint Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 liters chicken stock
- 40 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of
- 200 g arborio rice
- 60 ml white wine
- 125 g frozen peas or 125 g fresh peas
- 1⁄3 cup mint leaf, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup basil leaves, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Bring the stock to a steady simmer in a saucepan.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat and add the onion and prosciutto and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and the lemon rind and cook for another minute until the garlic is golden.
- Add the rice and stir for 1 minute, making sure all the grains are well coated.
- Add the wine and stir until completely absorbed.
- Add the stock a ladle at a time, sirring frequently.
- Wait until each addition is almost completely absorbed before adding the next ladle.
- Reserve 1 ladle to add at the end.
- Half way through cooking the rice add the peas.
- After 18-20 minutes the rice should be creamy and tender but still have a little bite.
- Add remaining ladles of stock and turn off the heat.
- Stir through the herbs, cheese and juice and season to taste before serving.
Excellent! This was enjoyed by the whole family, thank you. I upped the quantity of the wine a bit and used streaky bacon instead of proscuitto because that was all I had. Delicious...