Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mini quiches made in a 12 x 1/3 cup muffin pan, adapted from a recipe in the October issue of the Australian cooking magazine 'Australian Good Taste'. These mini quiches can be made up to 1 day ahead and stored in an airtight container in the fridge. You will need 350g unshelled fresh peas for this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Use a 10cm diameter round pastry cutter to cut 4 discs from each pastry sheet and line the bases and sides of 12 80ml (1/3-cup0 capacity non-stick muffin pan with pastry discs and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to rest.
- Whisk the egg and cream together in a large jug, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the pastry cases in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden, remove from the oven, sprinkle the peas and feta evenly among the pastry cases.
- Bake the mini quiches in the oven for a further 10 minutes or until just set, remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
If I ever start up a catering company, these dear little quiches are going to be one of the first items to appear on the menu; they're wonderful. I didn't really want to change the recipe, but in the end I couldn't resist adding a little bit of fresh dill, which worked very well. Mr B, who didn't see them being made, commented on their creamy taste. And they don't just taste good; these quiches look so pretty too. Thank you bluemoon, for posting such a super recipe.
These quiches are so good! I made these with my own butter pie pastry Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust that I keep in my freezer, and also I used frozen semi-cooked peas and added in some black pepper. I love this recipe, thanks so much for posting bluemoon!...Kitten:)