Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in a healthy heart cookbook. I thought the addition of tea to a smoothie was quite interesting. I'm not really a tea drinker so thought this was a good way to get the anti-oxidants without the tea taste. Tastes really yummy too!
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 tea bag
- 425 g canned peaches, drained, reserving 1/3 cup syrup
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt or 1⁄3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grenadine
- Pour boiling water over tea bag and allow to steep for 5 minutes, discard bag and allow tea to cool.
- Blend peaches, syrup, tea and yoghurt until smooth.
- Swirl grenadine into 2 glasses and pour in peach mixture.
I really enjoyed this. I used white tea and fresh sweet juicy peaches. I peeled the peaches and used a tablespoon of honey to make up for not having any syrup. Had to add a splash of skim milk to thin it out a bit. Was very peachy and good! :)
I enjoyed this using ordinary tea. Next time I will try freezing some green tea or ordinary tea in cubes to make it colder. Certainly a keeper for me :)