Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A vegetable curry.
Make and share this Peanut Curry With Tofu, Potatoes and Roasted Shallots recipe from Food.com.
- 150 g golden shallots, peeled and left whole
- 375 g washed potatoes, cut into 5cm pieces
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted peanuts, roasted
- 375 g firm tofu, cut into 2 . 5cm pieces
- 1 cup Thai basil
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 1 red chile, chopped to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place shallots and potatoes in a roasting pan and toss with 2 tablespools of vegetable oil. Bake until potatoes are crisp and the shallots soft, about 30-40 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil and fry the curry paste until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add palm sugar, soy sauce and coconut milk. Bring to boil and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Stir in peanuts, tofu and basil, simmer until the basil is wilted, then add roasted shallots and potatoes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the kaffir lime leaves and chilli.