A vegetable curry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 150 g golden shallots, peeled and left whole
- 375 g washed potatoes, cut into 5cm pieces
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, roasted
- 375 g firm tofu, cut into 2 . 5cm pieces
- 1 cup Thai basil
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 1 red chile, chopped to garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Place shallots and potatoes in a roasting pan and toss with 2 tablespools of vegetable oil. Bake until potatoes are crisp and the shallots soft, about 30-40 minutes.
- 3Heat remaining oil and fry the curry paste until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add palm sugar, soy sauce and coconut milk. Bring to boil and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- 5Stir in peanuts, tofu and basil, simmer until the basil is wilted, then add roasted shallots and potatoes.
- 6Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the kaffir lime leaves and chilli.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Curry With Tofu, Potatoes and Roasted Shallots
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.3
- Calories from Fat 536
- Total Fat 59.6 g
- Saturated Fat 28.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 604.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 20.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
kaffir lime leaves