1/4 Photos of Pear and Red Wine Glazed Kangaroo Fillet (Or Beef) With Macadami
An elegant dish suitable to serve for company. Simple to prepare. Original recipe was from the Australian Macadamia Society. Serves four as a main meal. I've noticed that my olocal supermarket is now stocking a fairly extensive range of kangaroo cuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil (can substitute olive oil)
- 1/2 cup roasted macadamias (whole or halved)
- 600 g thick loin kangaroo fillets (can substitute beef or venison)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 fresh pear, peeled and cut into slices (can use a canned pear)
- 1/4 cup pear juice (or juice from the canned fruit)
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly or 1 tablespoon cranberry jelly
- 1Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan.
- 2Season the meat with pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side (for medium rare) or until cooked to desired doneness. Remove meat from the pan to a plate and cover with foil.
- 3Deglaze the pan with the red wine and pear juice. Add the pears and jelly and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is a glaze consistency. Return kangaroo and add the macadamias to the pan. Coat in the glaze.
- 4Serve the meat sliced with the remaining glaze spooned over and and around the plate.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear and Red Wine Glazed Kangaroo Fillet (Or Beef) With Macadami
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.2
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
macadamia nut oil