Rich but absolutely delicious! Serve with dusted icing sugar,ice cream and or cream.
Make and share this Pecan & Butterscotch Self Saucing Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Pre heat oven to 170 Celsius.
- Brush a 4 cup oven proof dish with some melted butter to grease. Place the dish on a baking tray.
- Put brown sugar and flour in a bowl. Use a whisk to mix the milk, egg, butter and golden syrup in a jug until combined.
- Add to the dry ingredients till a batter forms. stir in the pecans.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish.
- To make sauce, combine the brown sugar and cornflour in a bowl and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the pecan batter in the dish.
- Stir the golden syrup into the boiling water and pour this on top of the brown sugar and cornflour mixture.
- Bake the pudding for 50-55 min or until a cake like topping forms over a rich butterscotch sauce and a skewer inserted into the pudding comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and stand for 5 minutes, sprinkle with icing sugar.