Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Rich but absolutely delicious! Serve with dusted icing sugar,ice cream and or cream.
Make and share this Pecan & Butterscotch Self Saucing Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Pre heat oven to 170 Celsius.
- Brush a 4 cup oven proof dish with some melted butter to grease. Place the dish on a baking tray.
- Put brown sugar and flour in a bowl. Use a whisk to mix the milk, egg, butter and golden syrup in a jug until combined.
- Add to the dry ingredients till a batter forms. stir in the pecans.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish.
- To make sauce, combine the brown sugar and cornflour in a bowl and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the pecan batter in the dish.
- Stir the golden syrup into the boiling water and pour this on top of the brown sugar and cornflour mixture.
- Bake the pudding for 50-55 min or until a cake like topping forms over a rich butterscotch sauce and a skewer inserted into the pudding comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and stand for 5 minutes, sprinkle with icing sugar.
Very nice tasting pudding, different & most enjoyable! Not even wanting to go out looking for golden syrup, for it I substituted half honey & half corn syrup to keep something of the consistency & the sweetness! It worked out well, I think, & the pudding was OUTSTANDING by all counts! Many thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my teammates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #15
This was a simply-super recipe that the whole family loved. So easy to make. I couldn't find any golden syrup (sometimes we can get it) so I subbed maple syrup. It's nothing like golden syrup, but it proved to be a delicious alternative. This is definitely going into my 'quick and delectable' dessert rotation.
It was amazing! It mixed up really easy, I was a bit worried as I poured all that boiling water over my batter, but I need'nt have as it cooked for 50 mins and tasted wonderful. I served it with double cream and after finishing his first bowlfull (see photo)DH's comment was "there has got to be seconds of that??" A definate hit..I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks stardustannie, you have been a wonderful Fall '06 PAC adopted daughter!