This is my favourite way to do roast lamb. Juicy and very succulent. We like our lamb very rare so you may want to adjust the cooking time.
- Combine 1.5 tblspn of peppercorns, rosemary, mint, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce & red wine in a bowl. Marinade the lamb in the mixture for a few hours.
- Remove roast from marinade and roll and tie roast with string.
- Preheat oven to temp between 200-250c
- Spread the mustard and rest of the peppercorns over the meat.
- Place roast into a baking tray and pour the marinade around the roast but not over it.
- Bake for 1.5 hours, basting occasionally. Slice roast to nice pieces and pour juices over the top.