1/4 Photos of Peppered Beef With Caramelised Onions
bluemoon downunder's Note:
Steak with caramelised onions, mushrooms and a home made tomato sauce. Adapted from a recipe on the Simply Great Meals Recipe Club website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil and butter in a pan over a low heat.
- 2Add the onions and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the onions are golden brown and caramelised. Add the mushrooms in the last five minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- 3Lightly coat both sides of the steak with cracked black pepper; heat extra oil in the pan; and pan fry the steak until it is cooked as you like it.
- 4Remove the meat from the pan and keep it warm; add the garlic to the pan and sauté it for 1 minute; stir in the tomato paste, water and balsamic vinegar and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- 5Place the steak on a serving of mashed potato, top with the caramelised onions and mushrooms and drizzle with the tomato sauce.
- 6Notes: I have not yet made this recipe, but when I do, since tomato paste disagrees with me (I find it too sharp), I shall be using a can of tomatoes, drained, and a teaspoon of a wonderful Australian spice Bush Tomato. If you can get hold of Bush Tomato, it's wonderfully aromatic and flavoursome without whatever is the ingredient in tomato paste that makes it sharp.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppered Beef With Caramelised Onions
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 818.4
- Calories from Fat 575
- Total Fat 63.9 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 159.6 mg
- Sodium 422.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 46.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: