1/3 Photos of Perfect Rice Every Time We Cook It!
This "recipe" comes from a 40 year old cook book I inherited when I met Russell! "Entertaining with Kerr". He was a pompus TV cook in Australia, and this is the only thing I've ever cooked out of the book. It's also the ONLY way I enjoy my rice (and we eat a lot of that!)
My Private Note
- 1Wash your rice thoroughly in cold running water.
- 2Bring the saucepan part of a double boiler of salted water to the boil.
- 3Tip in your washed rice, stir briefly and bring back to the boil.
- 4Time for exactly 5 minutes.
- 5Turn the rice into the top of your double boiler (one with holes), place an inch of boiling water from the kettle in it (the bottom bit) and place the rice back over it.
- 6Cover and steam for a further 10 minutes.
- 7*note*this recipe is for"standard" long grain rice, different types of rice will need less cooking at this stage-jasmine and basmati in paricular take only about a further 7 minutes, whilst koshihikari for sushi seems to need a little longer.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Rice Every Time We Cook It!
Serving Size: 1 (585 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g