Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is delicious, and the rippled effect not only comes from the pesto, but also ffrom the egg yolks and whites being mixed together.
- Place the garlic and pine nuts in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- Add the basil and the parmesan and blitz again until well blended.
- Add the oil and some salt and pepper and pulse until well combined.
- Heat the butter in a small pan and crack the eggs, season, then leave to set for 2 minutes.
- With a wooden spoon, stir very gently so the eggs begin to set in clumps of white and yellow.
- Before the eggs have completely set, lightly stir in the pesto.
- Pile on to hot toast or bagels, scatter over the parmesan and serve immediately.
Great wake up flavor for a Sunday Brunch. Excellent pesto. I only made 2 eggs but made the full pesto (I'll use the leftover in another dish). I didn't scramble the eggs too much just enough to streak. Served on a whole wheat toasted bagel Thanks Lene for another recipe to save
Yummy! I used cooking spray instead of oil and smart balance spread instead of butter. I also cheated and used prepared pesto in a jar. I added some chopped sundried tomatoes and topped with freshly grated parmesan. What a treat! Thanks for a delicious and different breakfast idea.