Eat these bad boys right out of the jar,or use them in your favourite shellfish recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the shellfish first by scrubbing shells.
- 2Steam the shellfish just enough so that the shells become open.
- 3Strain the liquid from steaming and cool in the refrigerator.
- 4Remove the meat from the shells.
- 5Put all the ingredients (except the bay leaves and lemon) in a large pan, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6Leave to cool.
- 7Pack the cooled meat into sterilized jars, adding a bay leaf, some cloves and a slice of lemon to each jar.
- 8Pour the cooled vinegar mixture over the meat to cover.
- 9Seal firmly and store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Oysters or Mussels
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.6
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.2 g