Prep 10 mins
Cook 43 mins
A flavoursome and visually stunning recipe which will serve you equally well as an appetiser, as a light lunch or as part of a nearly vegetarian meal from Australian chef Iain Hewitson. This is a recipe which allows the key ingredients to be the stars: make sure you use the best quality ingredients you can find.
- red pepper
- yellow pepper
- 4 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- fresh thyme leave
- 8 anchovies, chopped
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 400 g soft fresh goat cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Cut the capsicums in half lengthways and remove the ribs and seeds. Place them on an oven tray, with the cut side up.
- Then place the tomatoes, garlic, thyme, anchovies and pepper in the centre of each half, capsicum and spray generously with oil and cook in the oven for about 40 minutes or until they are tender.
- When they are almost ready, place a slice or two of goat’s cheese on top of each capsicum and briefly return the capsicum to oven.
Wow! I was so impressed with how easy and how supercalifragilisticexpiali-delicious this recipe was! I halved the recipe, using 1 each yellow and orange bell peppers (smallish ones). I used heirloom cherry tomatoes instead of large tomatoes, halving or quartering them into small bite-size pieces. I used chevre. DH also loved this recipe, and even DS liked the bite I gave him. The only (really minor) changes I can think I might like to try would be to increase the anchovies (we love them so) and possibly decrease the chevre to maybe 1/2 the amount called for. However, I was very impressed with these and can't wait to make them again. They were just perfect with grilled steaks! Thank you so much for posting, bluemoon! Made for Newest Zaar Tag game.