1/1 Photo of Pikelets With Cinnamon Apple Slices
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
Delicious plain pikelets with a cinnamon applesauce. The sauce is a bit different because of the slicing of the apples. One or two pikelets makes a very nice dessert with a spoonful of vanilla ice cream! If using non hydrogenated margarine for the pancakes and sauce, such as Becel, use a little less because of the higher moisture content. Recipe altered from Apple & Pear Australia Ltd.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar or 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 25 g margarine or 25 g unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and stir in the sugar; Mix together the egg, melted butter and milk; Whisk into the flour mixture.
- 2Heat a greased frying pan and add 2 tablespoons of mixture into the pan for each pikelet; Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface of the pikelet; Turn over and cook for another 30 seconds.
- 3Remove from pan and keep warm; Repeat with pikelet mixture.
- 4For the cinnamon apples: Melt the margarine in a small sauce pan. Add the sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice and stir until well combined; Add the slices of apple and simmer in the mixture until tender (about 4 minutes).
- 5Serve slices of apple on top of the pikelets and drizzle the sauce over.
- 6For a nice dessert, accompany with a spoonful of ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pikelets With Cinnamon Apple Slices
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.8
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 196.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g