Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter a 10" springform pan.
- In food processor combine nuts, flour and baking powder. Pulse to chop nuts finely.
- In large bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar together till light add vanilla and mix inches.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold whites into yolk mixture.
- Fold in nut mixture.
- Spoon into cake pan.
- Bake 30 minutes until golden.
- Top with garnishes of choice.
Rita, this is a FANTASTIC recipe!!! The pine nuts have a unique flavour which I like very much, and the combination of this spongy, not too sweet cake with the slightly tart fruit is to melt away! I made it gluten free with a mix of rice flour and arrowroot starch instead of flour, and I omitted 1 egg because I had to use rice syrup as a sweetener, but this worked great. Also I didn't make one cake but 12 pretty cupcakes which only took 20 minutes to bake. For DH I made the poached cherries and caramel sauce, for myself I made something similar with cranberries :D This will be a keeper for sure, thanks for posting! Made for Think Pink October 2009.
This is easy to put together and delicious. I served it with Cool Whip, warmed cherry pie filling, and a drizzle of caramel sauce. My family loved it. Thank you.